The Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (CIBTAC) has been producing beauty, complementary & spa therapy graduates of the highest calibre since 1977. We offer a wide range of world-class qualifications, including beauty therapy, spa, complementary and teaching, striving to maintain and develop the highest standards of excellence internationally. Established in 1977, CIBTAC was created from an identified need to provide relevant, high-quality training within the beauty, complementary & spa industry. We were founded, and continue to be run by, passionate industry professionals.
How Is CIBTAC Different to Other Awarding Bodies?
CIBTAC sets itself apart though the high quality of its qualifications, achieved through a rigorous ‘end on exams’ assessment ensuring salon-ready graduates in demand by the world’s top employers.
- High quality qualifications
- Reputation for excellence
- Rigorous externally assessed examinations
- Championing best practice
- Salon-ready graduates
- Internationally recognised in over 24 countries
- Recruitment channels via the world’s top employers Over 150+ Centres globally
- Advanced qualifications
- Innovative endorsed training
- Outstanding professional service
- Industry advocates
- CIBTAC operates the following grading scheme for Multiple Choice Theory examinations
CIBTAC has a grading system to reflect your effort
Marks of 85% and above
Extensive/detailed knowledge of subject
Marks of 75% – 84%
Adequate understanding of subject
Marks of 60% – 74%
Basic understanding of subject
Marks of 59% and below
Poor understanding of subject
CIBTAC qualifications are:
Recognised by The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), who regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England and vocational qualifications in Northern Ireland.
Are recognised by the British Government Qualification and Credit Framework which is often used to support local Governments’ qualifications throughout the world to enable international recognition for the learner.
Often used as an enhancement route for exceptional Candidates via Recognised Prior Learning.
Challenging, but highly attainable, are designed to guide students through their training enabling them to fulfil their goals and progress in their careers.
What will CIBTAC qualifications do for you?
- For established therapists and practitioners, they will enable you to meet the recommendations of Health Education England (HEE) in attaining Ofqual regulated formal qualifications in the aesthetics sector. For those not yet working in the sector, they will provide a route of entry, with the opportunity to progress through a structured pathway from Level 2 up to Level 7.
- For all practitioners, they will enhance employment and career progression opportunities to work as a clinical aesthetician alongside aesthetic doctors and dermatologists
- For business owners they will facilitate new business development for your clinic or salon as a specialist centre for remedial skin treatment.
- These courses will provide:
- An unprecedented level of study in skin science, skin health management and cosmetic dermatology
- The highest professional standards in practical disciplines
- A comprehensive, competency based and assessed education program in advanced remedial skincare procedures
- A progressive modular format for complete flexibility
- Autonomous, non-supplier driven training
- UK qualifications in aesthetic skin care accredited by an Ofqual regulated awarding body
In line with OFQUAL guidelines, our aesthetic qualifications are categorized as Awards, Certificates or Diplomas:
Awards = 1-12 Education Credits (10-20 hours) with up to 6 months to complete
Certificates =13-36 Education Credits (130-360 hours) with up to 12 months to complete
Diplomas = 37 + Education Credits (370+ hours) with up to 24 months to complete
How are CIBTAC qualifications assessed?
Through end examinations by a specialist CIBTAC examiner.
How will a CIBTAC qualification help my career?
CIBTAC graduates are sought after across the globe by employers who demand the highest calibre of graduates and the CIBTAC brand assures quality. 87% of recent employers surveyed said they would favor CIBTAC trained therapists.
Where will my qualifications be recognised?
The short answer is globally! CIBTAC qualifications are officially recognised in over 30 countries, with further CIBTAC Centers across the globe choosing our brand each year.