Skin Philosophy Training pride ourselves on our Skin Peel course, because although this is are a very popular treatment and widely offered at many clinics, chemical peeling is a complex skill with considerable risk to the client’s skin.
Most peeling courses are manufacturer or distributor led and involve little, if any, training into the science behind the treatments, the peeling agents being used, the action of the peel within the skin or the variants of client adaptation.
However, if performed correctly, it is a very safe and efficacious remedial skin treatment for a wide variety of conditions including collagen loss and laxity, lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, acne and acne scarring.
The Level 4 Chemical Peel Course covers:
– A comprehensive coverage of the core knowledge you need for carrying out chemical peels.
– A study into the various acids in peels. Different peeling agents all having different pH and percentage strengths, modes of action, methods of application and intended depth of penetration. We teach why, and how, they are used.
– A thorough training in the protocol required to safely and successfully perform a chemical peel.
We provide you with a comprehensive autonomous training program, fitting in around your own unique schedule, which will enable you to choose and work effectively with the correct peeling systems for you and your clients.
As explained above, it is vitally important that the correct health and safety be understood by any practitioner offering peels as part of their roster of treatments. We explore:
There is a strict protocol surrounding treatments in this area, and therapists must be aware of contraindications and safe application of the peel. We make sure that you learn these thoroughly so that when it comes to your practicals and exam days, you’re confident. This unit looks at:
As with every Skin Philosophy Training course, we put a great deal of emphasis on the theory of the skin, so you can truly understand why you are giving this treatment, explain the process to your client, and perform it safely and successfully.
An effective consultation and skin analysis is key to offering your clients an optimal treatment, and something we always focus on at Skin Philosophy Training. Not only does it lead to greater client satisfaction and results, it’s also important to provide evidence of your thorough practise for insurance purposes. Therefore we look at:
Units 1-4 will have provided a thorough and solid foundation for the practicals, where you can practise on models, provided by us at our training centre. Students generally arrive a little nervous, but by the end of the day it is always wonderful to see the confidence and skill we have helped develop. This unit will cover:
The Level 4 Skin Peeling Course is over 12 weeks. Each unit will require a lot of self-study from home. Whilst attending the training centre you will carry out the required case studies for each unit. You will attend 3 practical days
We aim to give the highest standard of training, but if you feel you require more time or more practical training then you can join more of our practical classes, free of charge.
After completing you course you will need to come back to demonstrate your abilities in front of an ITEC examiner and complete an exam.
Much of the qualification comprises of home study, making this an ideal route for those who wish to study flexibly around other commitments. This allows you to familiarise yourself fully with the theory, allowing you to focus fully on acquiring and demonstrating your practical skills at our training days.
Our training days run from 10am to 4pm (arrival is at 9:45, to allow a prompt start), with a short break for lunch.
Skin Peel Kit: Our Skin Philosophy Skin Peel kit will cover treating 10 clients for the cost of £500 + VAT, allowing you to start treating clients straight away.
Course Fee: £1300 + VAT
8 Week Course
Online Module and assignments to be completed first
5 Days practical attendance
1 day exam
Entry Requirements: Level 3 Qualification in A&P or Facial Skincare
– We always teach a small group size (4-5 people), which means that you will never feel lost in a sea of faces, and allows plenty of opportunity to ask questions or seek further support if required. This also ensures that over the few days, you will have plenty of models to practice on.
– All of our tutors specialise in Aesthetics and have worked in the industry for years. We don’t simply teach the basics of a beauty facial: our college curriculum is geared towards graduates looking to move into advanced skin treatments.
-All centres have the very latest equipment and products required to adhere to current industry standards. We also have an on-going Support Team and a Facebook group available to answer any query you may have regarding your training with us.
– Our training is completely independent of all suppliers; we won’t give you sales pitch or a spiel. We will tell you the truth and the difference between all these machines.
– We aim to give the highest standard of training. If, by the end of the course, you feel that you need more time or more practical training, then you are more than welcome to join more practical classes – free of charge.
– We provide follow-up support. If you have any questions or are unsure of anything, we are there to help.
For any of our Level 4 Courses, you need to have minimum of:
– Level 3 facial electrics or equivalent
– Ans Advanced Skin Course.
We do provide study materials to assist you in completion of your written coursework & in preparation for your assessments.
All products and tools are provided for the training days at the centre when you attend. No kit is required to complete the training days, nor included in the course fee. Tea & coffee are provided on the training days.
VTCT / ITEC Certification
VTCT is a Government approved Awarding Body offering National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs), Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs) and other vocationally related qualifications (VRQs). VTCT has been in existence for over forty years and has been at the forefront of developing the vocational system of qualifications in the United Kingdom.
After completing the course, you will receive qualifications, recognised across the world that are fully Insurable
Our training is completely independent of all suppliers, we won’t give you sales pitch or a spiel. We will tell you the truth and the difference between all these machines.